‧* PURPLE NIGHT
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
WISHMAKER
G.NATION
MYSTIC
XINGYUAN
ACT.7
MOUNTAINTOP
INDÉS.
FREELANCES
1 RP/MOIS400*640 avatarsNOM + PRÉNOM
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Rosy and choreographer Jiyun embroiled in controversy over comments about idols
‧* PURPLE NIGHT :: 003. DIGITAL CYBERSPACE :: presse en ligne :: NAVER NEWS
No Suji
No Suji
the bird's view
january 24th 2024 by the bird

On January 19th, choreographer and ex-CELESTIAL member Jiyun guested on Rosy's Speakeasy. Despite the excitement from fans towards Rosy's long-time friend appearing on her show, the decision to invite a controversial personality has been met with criticism from netizens.

Moreover, a clip from the episode has gone viral on Pannchoa, in which netizens think Rosy and Jiyun were disrespectful towards idols. In this clip, Rosy asked Jiyun to share her feelings about returning to the public eye, to which Jiyun replied candidly.

Jiyun: I'm really excited and grateful about [being in the public eye again], but it's something I find difficult to do while staying true to myself. I have a lot of expectations and standards to meet, so a lot of things that I want to do for myself may hurt my fans or make them feel betrayed.

Rosy: That's right. I also feel like I've had less freedom since people started viewing me as an idol. When I was just seen as a 'singer', I could say or do a lot of things and just be myself without worrying about the outcome, but now I have to constantly keep my image in mind and prepare for criticism.

rosy's speakeasy with jiyun, 190124

Netizens have criticised Rosy for being arrogant and putting herself above idols, whereas Jiyun was accused of being inconsiderate of ex-members and painting herself as a victim despite being the cause of the scandal that rocked CELESTIAL's career in 2019.

However, fans have defended them, saying that Rosy did the opposite and pointed out the unfair expectations placed on idols, whereas Jiyun was simply sharing her own experience and fears.

Amidst controversy, the episode is rapidly gaining views, having reached 1.6 million views within 24 hours, and the clip has garnered thousands of comments, uniting fans of CELESTIAL and netizens in criticising the pair's behavior and demanding an apology.

messaging: sujinuna
this is so stupid, rosy was literally siding with idols and defending them against the unfair expectations... only people without a brain would think she was disrespecting them
Mer 24 Jan - 22:04
messaging: jhm0618
so she thinks idols aren't singers? LOL
Mer 24 Jan - 22:05
messaging: kwhfsk1092
rosy is becoming so arrogant and ungrateful to her fans and the public, it's such a turn-off...
Mer 24 Jan - 22:06
messaging: amorelia
"a lot of things that I want to do for myself may hurt my fans" LOL what fans??? she's so delusional I can't
Mer 24 Jan - 22:07
messaging: borealis
the fact rosy has been friends with a bully for years says everything about her real personality...
Mer 24 Jan - 22:08
messaging: sol4rislife
jiyun just came back from her exile and she has the audacity to be bad mouthing celestial like this ??? girl just go back to that hole you crawled into four years ago
Jeu 25 Jan - 18:22
messaging: tokidokiluv
rosy really is THE self-sabotage queen because she has her career going well, her new tour just started, brands love her... yet she has to destroy all of that by associating herself with that problematic girl
Jeu 25 Jan - 18:28
messaging: i_wish
omg i can't with these two, they're so full of themselves
Jeu 25 Jan - 18:33
messaging: rosarumrosisrosy
pleaaaaase i hate this article it's just clickbait !!! if you watch the entire video you can see them talking about a lot of things including their mutual love for music - rosy literally inspired jiyun to become an idol, they've been friends for years - it's actually really touching to see them opening up about their difficulties in the industry... :(
Jeu 25 Jan - 18:37
messaging: Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 1